Babcary is the place to be spending your May Bank Holiday. Over the 28-29th May, Babcary and surrounding villages have so much to offer to keep you entertained, with a two day flower festival, a chance to see the garden at Esotera via the NGS scheme and The Red Lion pub are hosting a cricket match.
As you will be aware by now the Six Pilgrim’s parishes are combining creative forces to put on a flower festival, celebrating Flower Power on the weekend of 28-29 May 2011.
- In addition to the glorious festival of flowers, inspiration by Nicky Llewellyn, there will be;
- All Day Breakfasts on offer at the Babcary Hut.
- Refreshments and the legendary home-made cakes in the Holy Cross church.
- Guided walks to see the wild orchids at Babcary Wild Flower Meadows.
- A children’s quiz around the church.
- Sealed bids for the flower displays.
- Live music and bell-ringing.
- Evensong in the Holy Cross church
Esotera on view at the National Garden Scheme
Andrew & Shirley Harvey of Esotera, Foddington, nr Babcary, Somerset & Bristol, TA11 7EL will be giving you an opportunity to view their beautiful garden, and also offering refreshments and cream teas.
The 2-acre established informal country garden housing 3 wildlife ponds. Large prairie border. Contemporary new potting shed with shrubs and herbaceous planting. Mature trees, boxed topiary, courtyard and meadow walk leading to shepherd hut.
Location: 6m E of Somerton, 6m SW of Castle Cary. Signs to garden off A37 Ilchester to Shepton Mallet and B3153 Somerton to Castle Cary. (Old) A303 from Sparkford
click here for a map
Opening dates and times: Sun 29, Mon 30 May (11-5).
Admission: Adm £3.50, chd free
Description: Children must be supervised at all times.
The Red Lion Cricket Match
On the 29th there will be a cricket match on the Babcary cricket pitch.