The Six Pilgrims are a collective of six South Somerset villages.
Extract about Babcary taken from ‘Inside Somerset‘ by Monica Hutchings published 1963.
Babcary – down the gentle hill known as Nightingale and along the flat road where the gypsies like to camp, is a village built almost entirely in the Keinton grey blue lias. The church has a fifteenth century tower and font but was largely rebuilt in 1876. Parson Woodforde came here as a curate from Ansford and much of his diary is sited here. There are some good stone houses and farms and a thatched inn among green pastures S.E. of the little River Cary and the Fosse Way. Wimble Toot, an isolated barrow, lies in a field on the way to Steart Hill, which itself is topped by a folly like obelisk.
Foddington – adjacent to babcary possesses an ancient house with a chequered history whose foundations date back to the period of Monkish rest-houses. Wheat Lawn Farm in the same parish also has connections with Glastonbury. The farmer there has made several intersting finds during cultivations, including metal fastenings used in place of buttons on monkish habits. He is also in the possession of a jewelled wooden chalice cup.